For thousands of residents living in Huntington, MD, operating a vehicle is one of the most important elements of completing a day-to-day routine. From work to school to grocery store errands, it’s no wonder that our safe transportation from one place to the next is vital to our physical and monetary success. Being unprepared in the event of an accident can leave you vulnerable to steep medical bills and a lowered quality of life. This is why reliable auto insurance policies are fundamental aspects of an insurance portfolio and legally required by the State Government of Maryland.
In order to legally register and drive a vehicle in Maryland, all motorists are required to have a form of auto insurance that can cover them in the event of an accident. The insurance provider must be licensed to operate within state boundaries and offer Maryland mandated minimum requirements. These requirements include:
- $30,000 in the event of a bodily injury to one person.
- $60,000 in the event of a bodily injury to two or more persons.
- $15,000 in the event of property damage the insurance holder is liable for.
Transportation Network Companies such as taxi services employing between twenty-six and three hundred network operators must cover a different set of minimums, including:
- $50,000 for bodily injury to a single person.
- $100,000 for bodily injuries to two or more individuals.
- $25,000 for property damage caused by the driver at fault.
For more information about the auto insurance requirements in Maryland State, reach out to the Monterey Insurance Group Inc. Located in Huntington, MD, the Monterey Insurance Group Inc. is proud to offer insurance coverage for customers across the state with the passion and experience you need to get back on the road. Call or visit with us today.