No matter where you live in Maryland, you’ll want to make sure you have the right kind of car insurance. At Monterey Insurance Group, Inc. in Huntington, MD, we can help. Whether you’re new to the state or new to driving, our independent insurance agents will have you equipped with the proper insurance in no time!
Just Moved to Maryland?
Those who are new to Maryland need to be aware that the rules and regulations for car insurance in Maryland may be different from those in their previous state. To register your car here, you’ll need proof of insurance.
Additionally, before you can register your vehicle, your vehicle must pass the Maryland State Inspection. During the inspection, your vehicle must show that it is up to Maryland’s safety standards. Every county in Maryland has authorized inspection stations, so you’ll need to find one near you.
Required Maryland Car Insurance
All Maryland residents must make sure they meet the minimum legal Maryland auto insurance requirements. You can also add additional coverage to fit your needs.
In Maryland, you must have:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: $30,000 minimum per person and $60,000 minimum per accident
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: $15,000 minimum
- Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage: $30,000 minimum per person and $60,000 minimum per accident
- Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage: $15,000 minimum
- Personal Injury Protection: $2,500 minimum (However, in Maryland you can choose to waive this protection and choose limited PIP instead.)
If you need car insurance in Maryland, call the independent agents at Monterey Insurance Group, Inc. in Huntington, MD today. They can help find you the coverage you need to get you on the road!